Chocolate really is good for you – however in order to reap the many nutritional benefits from ‘The food of the God’s’ it’s important to understand the different forms of chocolate available to us.
Cacao VS Cocoa
Cacao is the most pure form of chocolate available to us as it comes very close to the raw and natural state in which it is harvested. Cacao powder is produced by cold pressing the cacao bean; this process ensures all living enzymes and medicinal properties stay in tact for their positive health effects. Research has classified Cacao as one of Mother Nature’s true super foods.
Cocoa powder is produced by roasting the cacao beans at high temperatures in order to enhance the beans sweetness. Unfortunately this method changes the molecular structure and destroys some of the powerful nutrients and enzymes. Cocoa is most often found in chocolate bars, chocolate powders and processed ‘treats’, all of which also commonly contain refined sugar, trans fatty acids, hydrogenated oil and milk powders.
Ceremony only uses 100% organic Peruvian Cacao
– It is one of the richest natural food sources of magnesium, necessary for stress adaption, muscle recovery, restful sleep, reduction in PMS symptoms and over 300 other biochemical processes.
– A rich source of antioxidants, which reverse damage caused by free radicals, helping you feel younger and healthier.
– Enhances and sustains energy without feeling a sense of unnerving stimulation and experiencing a energy crash shortly after.
– Contains the neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine and trytophan, which assist feelings of wellbeing and encourage resilience to stress and anxiety.
– Contains (PEA) which helps the body create feelings of excitement and euphoria.
– Contains Anandamide – part of the endorphin group known as the ‘bliss chemical’, which is released when you are in love or after physical exercise.
– Is cardiovascular protective, helping to reduce blood pressure and stabilise insulin resistance.
Ceremony understand and embrace the power of food as medicine and are focused on improving accessibility to fair-trade, organic whole foods. Their naturopathically crafted blends contain absolutely no refined sugars, preservatives or additives, only the most pure cacao and a handful of Mother Nature’s super foods.
Enhance your wellbeing one delicious sip at a time with Ceremony drinking cacao.
By Ema Taylor